29 Jun 2014

Changes to Story Order

It is with some sadness that I have to report that we will be losing one of the stories from this series' schedule.

Due to other commitments in my life I am now under pressure to keep ahead with the writing of Darkpaths. If I pressure myself then I'm not going to enjoy writing anymore. As a result the series is going to take a one month mid-series gap which begins now.

As you will have seen by the end of "Number 17", the story ends on a cliffhanger. There will be no stories in July, and the series will resume in August.

The story that we will be losing is "Before the Dawn", a story which takes place during the early days of the Dalek invasion of Earth (as seen in the original William Hartnell story "The Dalek Invasion of Earth". This story hasn't been abandoned totally. It will feature one day in the future as its a story I've always wanted to do.

The new running order of the series will be:

August - "The Trees of Cologne" + short story: "Memories"
September - "The Curse of Nosferatu"
October - "War of the Machines"
November - "Family" + short story: "Goodnight"
December - "The Lives of the Doctor"

Due to this pressure I have put myself under, series 4, which is set for 2015, will start in March and consist of ten stories. This will then give me a two month cushion to get on with writing. More news on series 4 will come as we move into the second half of this year.

So look back in a few weeks for the cover and blurb for "The Trees of Cologne", and keep on reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment